Asciano is one of the 50 largest companies listed on the ASX, employing over 8,000 people. They’re one of Australasia’s leading provider of critical logistics services within essential infrastructure-based supply chains. Tzu & Co. unified the direction for the ‘digital-business’ of Asciano.
Asciano is one of the 50 largest companies listed on the ASX, employing over 8,000 people. They’re one of Australasia’s leading provider of critical logistics services within essential infrastructure-based supply chains.
The Asciano suite of brands has been acquired through the last five years. Each brand (or business) has independently developed their own approach to digital communications leading to disparate approaches and technical solutions.
As a result, there was no unified direction for the ‘digital-business’ of Asciano. The technology was outdated and management costs were increasing with little visibility. Furthermore, the Asciano brand wasn’t associated with its subsidiaries (which had much higher brand recognition) by the wider public. At the same time, Asciano was finding it difficult to communicate to its disparate workforce and also manage union interruptions.
What We Did
Tzu & Co. was tasked to define the scope of the problem and assist Asciano in defining the strategic choices required to overcome their obstacles and be a leading player in the digital space within its competitive set.
The following was executed:
1. Tzu conducted a digital health check of all digital assets and available data, as well as implemented new data-capture measures for duration of analysis. This was turned into a set of insights, reports and recommendations which we presented to various stakeholders across Australia.
2. We proposed A ‘hygiene’ project as a first step. This project would look to consolidate the strategy, technologies and technical approach for all brands into a single, cohesive online experience and set of tools, that still represents the individualities of each brand.
3. Tzu implemented the hygiene projects and helped Asciano develop a new strategic direction, roadmap and suppliers to execute.
4. Once the foundation was set, we then developed a communication strategy focused on reaching the workforce and all key stakeholders. This included the introduction of ‘MyConnect app’ which allows Asciano to reach the workforce directly and listen to feedback, without interference.
5. Tzu moved into a management role overseeing the execution of all strategies and plans.
Project hygiene was a success..
The reconfiguration of Asciano’s service offering from silos to industries resulted in a number of sizeable new business opportunities both locally and from overseas. The site has also enabled Asciano to tell a better story about the business and showcase why it’s a great place to work, ensuring a more efficient, effective recruitment process.
In addition, management processes due to document-management and web technology introductions has been streamlined. Improving efficiency by over 200% and eliminating all legacy costs.
The MyConnect App and internal communication channels now allows Asciano to reach over 90% of their workforce directly, a massive jump from the 30%